Mobile: 07711 837772
A Sales Director, Business Development Manager with experience covering sales, marketing and sales management most recently within the medical technology (radiology) market but also medical supplies, pharmaceuticals, financial services, research biometrics and direct marketing. Development of website content and structure, and creation of marketing plans for a technology with many uses. Experience of delivering success, direct sales, developing sales plans, customer facing and as a manager of sales teams across different industries and disciplines. A manager with a structured approach to developing individuals, and the team to achieve stretching goals with the ability to analyse situations and make effective decisions.
David Welsh Consulting 2019-Present
Set up my own business consulting in EPR software solutions, medical device regulation and market access for innovative healthcare products
- Sensus Group Ltd (Medical Device Regulation) as Sales Director
- OPCIS Global, ERP software solution, as Business Development Director
- 2 innovative medical device solutions as market advisor
- During the CV19 pandemic I have worked to provide PPE to healthcare professionals
Card payment solutions and software to manage financial channels
Healthcare Business Development Manager
- Selling card payment channels to healthcare (private and NHS) with the option to use additional software to control information supply for the Finance Dept.
- Sold across the UK into Primary and Secondary Care and within Global accounts. These accounts were both public (NHS) and private healthcare organisations.
- The accounts had varying monetary value but each was generally worth £120k to the software business and the transactional value would be in the millions. Each transaction a fee was paid to Capita.
- Closed accounts in Leeds NHS, Hwell Dda, IDF and James Paget.
Dry Eyes Clinic, Manchester March 2017- 2018
Contract 12 Months
A clinic using LipiFlow and LipiView technology to treat dry eye disease.
Responsible for all aspects of sales, business development, advertising, marketing and partnership agreements.
- Established a new clinic premises and London Branch
- Creating a business development plan to include referrals from all areas of eye care (Ophthalmology, Optometry, Opticians and Surgeons).
- This plan also included partnership agreements, liaison with the technology provider and 3rd party sales.
- Marketing included journal adverts, magazine advertorials, radio interviews and radio advertising specifically targeted to demographic groups and geographic areas.
- Financial control of budget and feedback to Mr Yodiaken (MD) as well as managing the Dry Eyes Clinic team both on site and in the office.
- Achieved a 72% increase in treated cases and added Blephex treatment and the additional sale of Heated Eye Pad (Electronic glasses that heat the glands in the eye lids)
Cimar Limited 2012 – May 2017
Experts in moving complex radiology around the world, £1m t/o, 12 employees.
Sales Director International
Responsible for the development of sales and marketing plans for several business streams using innovative technology.
- Created a new strategic direction for Cimar.
- Established a joint venture to share software and platform leading to a class leading product.
- Managed Sales Agents across the globe.
- Liaised with Consultants, Hospitals, private healthcare suppliers, CCGs, Vet radiologists, Medico legal groups
- Trained user groups
- Diversified the business and Increased turnover by £30K/month through product and organisational development and the creation of websites www.cimar.co.uk and www.radologyinbox.co.uk for the public and professionals.
- Established a clear process for managing debtors thereby reducing them from 12 to 3.
- Recruited Consultants in all key disciplines to allow the business to create margin together with Sales Agents to promote the service.
- Handled opportunities in diverse markets.
- Developed a private medicine network and sold the solution to Consultants for private use.
The London Clinic 2011 - 2012
Private acute general hospital functioning as a charity.
Business Manager – Contract position
- Implemented a referral tracking system which rewarded and secured business generators leading to an increase in Clinical Trials from 2 to 15.
- Liaised with Consultants and other service providers
- Promoted the services of The London Clinic.
- Created a London Clinic Sales plan and feedback to the Marketing Group.
- Developed the sales of Radiology and Pathology to the service users.
- Represented The London Clinic with groups such as IDF and CCRA.
- Sold the services of The Advanced Therapies Centre (Clinical Trials).
- Contributed directly to the new website.
Satellite 2008 – 2011
A niche CRO dealing with biometric services and digital archiving for the Pharmaceutical Industry and Clinical Research in UK and Europe.
Business Development Manager, UK and Europe
Responsible for restructuring the selling process, marketing and prospecting of the Satellite biometric outsourcing business.
- Sold the biometric services of a niche CRO (stats, data management, programming, medical writing etc.)
- Placed Satellite staff within pharmaceutical/CRO business, to resource biometric projects. (Outsourced projects)
- Created a tick list pricing policy for a complex product leading to a speedier turn round of business significant time saving
- Sold digital archiving service to the pharmaceutical industry and to full service CROs.
- Developed proposals and priced all projects including margin calculation.
- Liaised with specialists to ensure both understanding of projects and timely delivery.
- Achieved European outsourcing award 2009 for Satellite team.
- New business won with clients at 3 top 5 Pharma companies.
Scan Modul 2008 - 2008
A Danish company selling supply chain re-engineering software and storage solutions to the NHS and private healthcare.
Regional Sales Manager, London and South East
Responsible for selling Software solutions for supply chain re-engineering within the NHS. Dealing with procurement, finance and supplies departments.
- Managed the sales of storage solutions including cabinets and mobile units to medical professionals.
- Managed the support team to ensure on-time delivery.
Fresenius Kabi 2003 - 2008
A leading international company in the supply of all aspects of Medical Nutrition and delivery devices, £107m t/o, 300 employees
Regional Manager South 2007 - 2008
Responsible for a team 10 Primary and Secondary Representatives in London and the South of England.
- Part of the winning Barts and The London Tender Team which gained all the Enteral Nutrition business in September 2007, for all the Inner East London Hospitals. This contract was with Abbott Nutrition for 20 years prior to this change.
- Liaised with NHS to speed up the procurement process enabling the roll out of contracts worth £250K 2 months ahead of time.
- Successfully coached an underperforming team member back to hitting targets and regaining job fulfilment.
- Successfully managed a large training programme incorporating a ‘whole company approach’ and delivered to 80% of all staff within 3 weeks.
Secondary Care Specialist, Parental Nutrition/Colloids Division 2006 - 2007
Responsible for selling the PN portfolio and services of Fresenius Kabi within the central London Teaching Hospitals and within the strategic alliances of these hospitals.
- Moved from Enteral Nutrition Sales to the Parental Nutrition and Colloids division within Secondary Care, gained formulary inclusion of Voluven at UCLH, Royal Free, Whittington and North Middlesex.
- Gained Representative of the Month Award on 3 occasions in 2007 and was winning Newcomer and Representative of the Year awards when gained my 2nd promotion in July 2007.
Primary Care Specialist, Enteral Nutrition Division 2003 - 2006
- Sold the enteral nutrition portfolio to Dieticians, Speech and Language Specialists, GPs, Retail Pharmacy, Wholesalers, District Nurses and Practice Nurses for the NE quarter of London.
- Took the territory from the lowest performing territory in 2003 to a top 5 performer in2005, winning Representative of the month on 3 occasions.
- Part of the Team of the Year 2004 and 2005 before being promoted to PN division
Previous Experience Includes
- Sales representative roles in hospital and community within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Sales Management roles in the pharmaceutical industry and within financial services.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
B.Sc. - Agricultural Economics.
Financial Services Authority, London, Financial Planning
Scott Works Negotiating Skills
Insights course (colours)
Project Selling (in house Capita)