New role sought - May Hall
12 Helsby Road
Lincoln LN5 8TQ
phone: 07951 390666
TAP certified trainer with long and in-depth optical experience, hardworking and conscientious individual with excellent management and organisational skills. Highly motivated and determined to succeed, with outstanding communication - training, presentation, verbal and written – and using my initiative individually and in team settings.
2011 – 2017: Specsavers Optical Superstores
NHS (Learning and Development) Support Manager - Loss Prevention Department
This role supported four regions - Yorkshire, Tyne Tees, Granada, and Scotland - covering around 200 stores. I conducted routine NHS Audit visits to ensure a high standard of NHS governance and GOC regulations for business and partner profits protection.
I also produced training materials, including e-learning modules, and delivered training with accelerated learning techniques at regional and store level.
- Producing and delivering tailor-made training materials
- Carrying out Training Needs Analysis with store directors and team members
- Monitoring mystery shopper results to identify training gaps
- Operating a Learning Management System
- Delivering NHS Governance and Debtor training to wide audiences
- Producing and delivering presentations to Head Office teams and Store Directors
- Undertaking NHS Governance Audit visits
- Producing extensive feedback and a detailed store-specific report with recommendations
- Identifying improvements to maximise profit on NHS and other debtors
- Data analysis to identify non-compliance and suspicious patterns
- Investigating till discrepancies, evidence gathering, interviewing and taking witness statements
- Producing reports holding up to scrutiny within the court system
- Supported company investigations including reviewing CCTV footage
- Monitoring & improving business KPI’s
2006 – 2011: Specsavers Optical Superstores
New Store Regional L&D Manager - Retail Service Team, UK & International
The core of this role was to deliver Optical dispensing and operational training, support and retail advancement to new optical stores throughout the UK and ROI during the opening and post-opening process. This required an extensive validation of each new store and support for new staff, managers and Joint Venture Partners (Directors) over an average period of 6 months post-opening.
The New Store Regional L&D Manager role transitioned into the Mobile Development Manager position with the extra responsibility of supporting the Regional Development Managers and their existing stores. I also supported the UK roll-out of a new internal IT system.
During this time, I was presented with a Retail Service Award for Outstanding Achievement.
- Updating training materials to include the launch and monitoring of new business initiatives
- Delivering TNA and subsequent training at 14 Regional Training Centres across the country
- Presenting to Directors and Board Members
- Motivating, supporting, and training store teams and Joint Venture Partners (Directors) on all store systems, as well as retail and optical dispensing procedures, skills and behaviours
- Auditing systems and procedures to Group standards
- Producing SMART Action Plans and Personal Development Plans for store staff
- Providing development and support to stores in all aspects of store operations, housekeeping, merchandising, and retail standards ensuring implementation of Group Best Practice
- Delivering Health and Safety training to In-store teams
- Carrying out risk assessments and providing the relevant documentation
- Providing development and coaching to functional specialists in store, for example In-store trainer, Merchandiser and Contact Lens Supervisor.
- Keeping Senior and Store Managers apprised of all issues impacting or likely to impact service
- Ensuring that all avenues of resolution of issues have been explored
- Covering store support when Directors were out of the business
- Setting and monitoring business KPI’s
1998 - 2006: Specsavers Retail Service Team, UK & ROI
Store Support Manager
In this role I supported multiple sites with operational challenges initiated by Store Directors and Head Office colleagues. This included assessing all aspects of store processes and operations including Laboratory operations, improving retail standards, implementation, and management of internal inventory systems.
Increased profitability by reducing cost of sales, increasing sight test volumes, average order value and conversion rates. Producing and implementing a robust store action plan with directors including future follow up visits and additional support.
I also carried out an 18 months secondment in Holland as Operations Manager, growing the business and developing the senior management teams.
1988 – 1998: Specsavers Opticians, Jersey
I started with Specsavers as an Optical Assistant and was promoted to Assistant Manager within two years and then shortly afterwards became the store manager.
I dispensed at all levels and became the in-store trainer.
This provided me with a wealth of knowledge and started my career path within the group.
2019 November to 2020 June-The Professional Fundraiser
Regional Training Partner-North
This role was to train, mentor & support new and existing face to face fundraisers.
- Delivering induction training & one to one field training for 5 charity partners. C.R.U.K, Cats Protection, The Royal British Legion, NSPCC & PDSA.
- NSPCC speak out stay safe volunteer (on hold due to covid 19)
- Training needs analysis for Fundraisers
- Supporting Fund raisers out in the field
- Ensuring compliance of institution of fundraising rules are adhered to via field observation visits
- Reviewing internal, charity specific and Institute of fund-raising mystery shop reports
- Arranging and quarterly regional meetings
- Donor attrition & cancellations
- Team retention including exit interviews
- New and existing venue reviews-Town/location profile
- Lunch & learn team & group training sessions
- Producing presentations
- Producing training materials
April 2019 to July 2019 The Hearing Care Partnership
Regional Business Development Manager
This role was about growing the partnerships within independent optical practices. Obtaining new accounts and developing existing accounts by increasing Full Hearing assessments and KPI’s. Supporting audiologists with community events, increasing average order value and raising commercial awareness within a clinical team.
- Delivering training to practice teams and audiologists
- Account management
- Supporting audiologists
- Arranging and attending community engagement
- Growing sales
- Team and group training
- Setting up new partnerships
- Producing presentations
- Producing training materials
January 2018 to March 2019 Vets4pets
This role supported 100 stores regionally. Delivering training to in store business partners and colleagues. Carrying out training needs analysis to identify skills gaps. Supporting new practice openings.
- Monitoring data to identify KPI’s
- Setting targets
- Delivering training
- Delivering Online live training
- Supporting New practices
2017-2018: Farrow & Ball
Business Development Executive/Regional Trainer (Temp role)
This role supported 23 stores regionally. KPI’s were monitored and monthly technical training was provided on products delivered to store teams including unit managers. Store visits would also include merchandising and inventory replenishment. New stores were merchandised when added to my regions portfolio.
- Delivering training
- Merchandising existing and new stores
- Inventory stock management
- Practical paint demonstrations
- Supporting National paint week
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Specsavers Stage 1 approved to become a Specsavers store Joint Venture Partner
Further Education: TAPS Training Foundation – Fast Track Training Delivery 
Further Education: RSA 1 Communication, RSA 1 Typing, RSA 1 Office Practice & Pitman 1 Typing
School: 5 CSE qualifications including English and Mathematics