HydraMed (Bottle). Farmigea Ophthalmics.
- Sterile Hypotonic solution containing:
- Sodium Hyaluronate 0.20% w/v
- Tamarind Indica Seed Polysaccharide 0.20% w/v
- Monobasic Sodium Phosphate
- Dibasic Sodium Phosphate
- Water for injections
- Osmolarity 270-300mOsm/kg*
- Viscosity 30cps*.
- Positive Impact and wholesalers.
- How supplied
- Sterilised eye drops (10ml) in plastic bottle.
- ECP/HCP to advise. Generally 1 drop as required. Contact Lenses do not need to be removed.
- CL Use
- Yes, if required.
- Dry Eye. Contact Lens discomfort.
- Contra-Indications / Cautions
- Advise pt to read and understand all accompanying product information before first use - EDDB. Hypersensitivity to product/class/component. Discard 90 days after first opening. Pregnancy/lactation - EDDB. "After administration, in rare cases, a slight temporary blurring of vision may be observed due to the viscosity of the solution; it is therefore advisable to wait for a few seconds before any activity that requires clear vision".
- Adverse Reactions
- "Rare - slight temporary blurring of vision". If irritation occurs, persists or increases, pt to discontinue use and consult ECP/HCP - EDDB. "Leave at least 10 - 15 minutes before administration of any other ophthalmic drops".
- Legal Category
1. Because products are regularly improved and change, product data and advice may occasionally change. As a result, EDDB recommends that you and your patient always read the product label and Patient Information Leaflet carefully before using any products. Please do not solely rely on the information provided on this website. Because of this, EDDB is unable to accept liability for any inaccuracies or incorrect information contained on this site.
*Caroline Christie, Dry Eye Product Guide 2018. Optician, 12 January 2018.