Thealoz Duo Gel. Laboratoires Thea.
- Sterile Buffered Hypotonic pH Neutral Preservative Free Aqueous solution containing:
- Trehalose 3%
- Sodium Hyaluronate 0.15g
- Carbomer (Carbopol 974P)
- Sodium Hydroxide
- Water for injections
- Osmolarity 207mOsm/kg*
- Viscosity 207cps*
- Thea Pharmaceuticals and wholesalers.
- How supplied
- Sterile preservative free drops in single-day use (0.4g) plastic vials in (x 30/carton) sealed pouches. CE (Medical Device).
- ECP/HCP to advise. Generally 1 drop on each eye from once to four times a day. "Gels are particularly suitable for use before going to bed in the evening".
- CL Use
- No, see Contra-Indications/Cautions
- Dry Eye. Epithelial osmoprotective. Osmoprotective. Evaporative Dry Eye/Hypertonic tear film: To moisten and lubricate in cases of dryness and tired eyes.
- Contra-Indications / Cautions
- Hypersensitivity to product/class/component. Discard vial immediately after opening. Store below 25C. Pt to wait at least 15 minutes between using two different eye products, using this product last. Remove CLs before product use and wait at least 30 minutes before resuming wear. Pregnancy/lactation - EDDB. Advise pt to read and understand all accompanying product information before first use - EDDB.
- Adverse Reactions
- "....... mild eye irritation, although very unusual". If irritation occurs, persists or increases, pt to discontinue use and consult ECP/HCP - EDDB.
- Legal Category
1. Because products are regularly improved and change, product data and advice may occasionally change. As a result, EDDB recommends that you and your patient always read the product label and Patient Information Leaflet carefully before using any products. Please do not solely rely on the information provided on this website. Because of this, EDDB is unable to accept liability for any inaccuracies or incorrect information contained on this site.
*Caroline Christie, Tear products for the management of dry eye 2015. CL Monthly, June 2015.