Emustil. Moorfields Pharmaceuticals.
- Sterile solution containing:
- Soybean Oil 70mg
- Natural Phospholipids 30mg
- Purified Water
- Bondeye and wholesalers.
- How supplied
- Sterilised preservative free drops (emulsion) in single-use (x20) plastic vials. CE Medical Device.
- ECP/HCP to advise. Generally 1 drop on each eye up to 4 times a day. After instillation pt to close eye for 30 seconds then blink. Contact Lenses do not need to be removed.
- CL Use
- Yes, if required.
- Dry Eye. Lipid layer dysfunction. Evaporative Dry Eye. "Lubricates and hydrates the surface of the eye relieving symptoms of dryness and general discomfort resulting from increased evaporation of tears from the eye".
- Contra-Indications / Cautions
- Hypersensitivity to product/class/component. Pregnancy/lactation - EDDB. Px to wait 20 minutes between other drop applications. Advise pt not save solution in an opened vial. Advise pt single-dose containers to be used within 20 days of opening pouch. Store below 30C, do not freeze. Advise pt to read and understand all accompanying product information before first use - EDDB.
- Adverse Reactions
- Occasional: Transient burning, stinging - if symptoms persist pt to stop use and seek advice. Temporary blurred vision which should clear within 60 seconds. If irritation occurs, persists or increases, pt to discontinue use and consult ECP/HCP.
- Legal Category
- NA/NHS Rx.
1. Because products are regularly improved and change, product data and advice may occasionally change. As a result, EDDB recommends that you and your patient always read the product label and Patient Information Leaflet carefully before using any products. Please do not solely rely on the information provided on this website. Because of this, EDDB is unable to accept liability for any inaccuracies or incorrect information contained on this site.